How do I get wax melt stain out of my shoes?

Deb KLindsay AratariDee
+10

I need help getting wax melt stain out of my shoes. It’s not dripped on wax so freezing and picking it off is not an option. It’s wax melts so it’s more oily than regular candles

• GrandmasHouseDIY

Have you tried REALLY hot water and dawn dish soap?

• Nan W.

Bailey! ...it kind of looks like it is supposed to looks like that!!! (seriously) ,..you might even want to "dye" part of the R shoestring too!

• Recreated Designs

I would try boiling water. I know it sounds counterintuitive but I dropped red juice all over mine and the boiling water took it out.

• Redcatcec

Boiling water should do it, truthfully they are unique and look stylish, have you considered adding some to the right shoe to complement the left 1?

• Cynthia H

Wax melts are messy when they get on something. I accidentally spilled a wax melt when it was melted. The residue was tough, but, I used Goo Gone and got it off everything. Good luck and stay safe!

Hi Bailey: You might try spraying it with Totally Awesome Cleaner without bleach. You get it at the dollar store. Spray it on, let it sit for a little bit, maybe 30 seconds, and then sponge it off. You may have to do it a couple of times. If all else fails, you can paint them https://www.xpandlaces.com/blogs/news/customize-your-shoes-easy, or try gluing some gems or beads on your shoes :) Good luck

• Dawn dishwashing soap- the blue one only- lifted a similar stain out of my daughter's coat. You need to use hot water with it though to really make it work...

Try Dawn dish liquid and hot water to remove as much as you can. Then a dab of white toothpaste and a damp toothbrush to remove any stain residue. Make sure the toothpaste foams up. Wipe and rinse often.

• Try a little dawn dish soap and let it sit for a day. Then run through the washing machine.

• Dee

Go to Walmart and get some Purple Power cleaner degreaser in the Auto Department. It is only $5 a gallon and can be used for lots of things.

Or go to an auto store, like Auto Zone and get their brand cleaner degreaser.

These work better than Dawn and I swear by Dawn. You can use this in the washing machine, with HOT water. Let dry outside in the sun.

• Lindsay Aratari

You could try using lemon essential oil

• Deb K

Hi Bailey, you can try placing a folded paper towel (fold it a few times) over the area and press on it with a hot iron. The paper towel will soak up the majority of the wax as it melts again.