Scrap Wood Decorative Cutting Board

$0
1 Day

Here's something quick and easy to do with all that scrap wood you've stockpiled and it makes for some really great DIY decor.

Pick out some scrap wood

The best part about this project is using what you already have! Different variations of wood type, texture, and tone just makes your finished product have more character, so make sure to grab some good pieces!

Glue and Clamp

Glue your scrap pieces together with wood glue and clamp them together tightly for a 24 hour dry time.

Outline

Draw the shape of the cutting board you want onto your newly glued wood slabs. You can trace also one you already have.

Cut out the shape

Once completely dry, cut out the shape you drew using a Jigsaw.

Here's what mine looked like pre-sanding.

Sand the edges smooth

Sand to smooth out any rough edges.

Stain a pattern

Stain, paint, decorate, seal or oil, and dont forget to drill a hole in the handle if you wish, to get that classic cutting board look.

*Note: because I used scrap wood this is for decorative purposes only. If you wish to make a usable cutting board, make sure you use a hard wood.

• Heather

How Fun! I love working with wood. Great Job hun   I look for inspiration and ideas everywhere even in the comments. I get so tired of looking at tasteless and snooty comments and remarks just because people don't want to take the time read and just want to nit pick at everyone else's creations and and put in their 2 negative cents. You go girl I can't wait to see what you do of next

• Cinlu

I like this! Another use of scrap from a different perspective is always welcome. It gave me a few oh oh, that would be great to....ideas to use in a similar project!

Side note---i thought this 'space' was for sharing an idea, personal wins, search for answers and. Inspiration. Who monitors the comments that sound like a family game night?