DIY Succulent Dream Catcher

$10

We are so excited to share one of my favorite projects so far – A DIY wall hanging dreamcatcher with succulents!

To begin, you want to tie a knot around the hoop with your finest (thin) cord and begin wrapping it around the entire hoop to cover the metal. Be sure to keep tightening the cord as you wrap. Tie off at the end.

The next step is to begin cutting your rope and lace that you will hang from the hoop. Some munchkin named Hank wanted to help out 🙂

When cutting the ribbon or cords, be sure to cut each piece double the size of the length you want. Fold the cord in half, make a loop around the rope, and pull both strands through the loop. It should look like the photo below.

You can also use hot glue to place the ribbons on the hoop. Another way to differentiate the cords and add more texture is to tie knots or braid a few thinner ropes together. Just cut three pieces, tie together a the top, then at the bottom and loop over the hoop.

Cut the stems off of the succulents and begin hot gluing them in place on the hoop. Make sure to hold each succulent for roughly 15 seconds each to allow the glue to harden.

The larger succulents are heavier than I expected, so you’ll have to be generous with the glue. And aren’t the little succulents so cute!

And voila you’re finished!

These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
15 Memorial Day Crafts
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
Cassie Benzinger

• Ellen

What size is the hoop? Looks pretty large in the pic. The finished project is really great! Oh! How long did it take to wrap the hoop?

• Chrissie Gallagher

are the succulents real?

• Sharon

what a great idea. I just love the way the hoop looks with the succulents on it. I am going to try my hand at it for my daughter. She loves dream catchers.

• Kyp Purifoy

Very unique and creative! I love your helper!!