How can i make a centerpiece with small gazebo?

KmdreamerMaura WhiteCarrie @ Curly Crafty Mom
+13

I have a small metal gazebo from a flower arrangement gift and would like to fix it up a bit as a centerpiece. Sorry, don't know how to send a picture. It's hexagon, 10" high , and about 5" around, white, with full length " windows"in each section. Any ideas would be helpful.

• K. Rupp

Sounds pretty. Is there a door in it where you can put a candle? If not, I would take one of the windows out so you can put one in. And If it doesn't have an opening at the top, I would just use a battery operated flameless candle. I would put it on a square or oval mirror tile. You can buy them at Home Depot or Lowes. Add the candle gazebo to the center of your mirror, Start adding flowers or greenery around the gazebo. You could stop there or you can even add a low dish with a ball candle on the same mirror. Add a couple of candlesticks with taper candles if you want. Make sure you have 1gazebo as the center....or 3 items(candle items) with the gazebo, or 5 items(candle items) with the gazebo. Use different sizes with the gazebo in the center! Play with it ...see what looks pretty.

• I agree, a candle inside is a great start. You could go in a different direction and use it as the start of a fairy garden.

• Unexpected Elegance

Yes, maybe a candle and some greenery around the base...a wreath might work around the base?

• Vimarhonor

Hello. Paint might be an idea spray paints come in multiple finishes glossy satin and flat. Some pretty stones or pea gravel-and a candle might be an idea. If you want something more whimsical you might consider looking at fairy garden items if you care to add some miniatures.

• Nan W.

Janis: some of these birdcage ideas may work for you

https://www.save-on-crafts.com/blogs/blog/birdcage

• Ken Erickson

I would put it on a wood disk, plate, or a saucer of some material. Then I would glue it in place and add moss or some fake greens to make it look like it is in a park. You might even put a candle or fake candle inside.

• Kathy Gunter Law

Succulents would be the way I would go. Little watering involved and such a variety.

• Cynthia H

Hi! What about a fairy garden? Many supplies are available online, in the dollar store and around the house. I'm putting together one right now, and I have found dozens of great ideas, here and on Pinterest. Have fun! Good luck and stay safe!

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

There are lots of great terrarium ideas here if you want to try something with plants:

https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=Terrariums

• From the sound of it, you could decorate it in the same manner one would use a birdcage...especially if the windows are not covered in glass. https://www.hometalk.com/16782806/an-ivy-filled-birdcage-for-part-shade

• Pat

I would put a candle in it (on a low pedestal if possible) and some greenery with artificial grapes around the bottom. I have one that I use at Christmas with a red candle and poinsettias around the base of the red candle. I set the gazebo on a red cloth for a centerpiece.

• Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom

Maybe you can put some various pillar candles inside it with some floral decor on the bottom or seashells, etc. You could do real candles or battery.

• Maura White

Could you replicate the flowers that came in it originally with faux flowers and that way the same look will last forever?

• Kmdreamer

How about a small mirror inside it on the bottom then some candles and ivy around the candles ,or dress the middle up for a holiday like Christmas add snowman and a tree lights