Asked on Aug 20, 2020

How to make a Whirlpool Twin LTE6234DQ2 dishwasher run again?

KmdreamerLifestyles HomesPls43176104
+16

Hi,

I have a Whirlpool stacked Thin Twin LTE6234DQ2 dishwasher with direct drive, which is malfunctioning lately.

I have been using a Whirlpool Do-It-Yourself Repair Manual for reference, but can't quite figure what the problem is. Once it's switched on, I can set the cycle, and the water fills in, but then nothing! No matter what the cycle is, the dishwasher doesn't work. I took out the motor and checked other parts. The power cord is fine, s is the timer, and the timer motor seems okay. I tried removing the agitator to check if there was anything trapped between the agitator and the inner tub, though I couldn't find anything there. I wanted to understand what I am missing before calling home appliance repair service. Anything else you can think of to try would be appreciated. It appears to be a mechanical issue; however, I have a wrong approach.

Thanks again for any help at all.

• Redcatcec
    Redcatcec

Give a call to Whirlpool, they have a hotline where you can have basic troubleshooting issues answered. Have in hand the make and model numbers ready so they can pinpoint your appliance.

Also is your d/w under warranty? That might be on your side too if it is. Just thinking about what all these components have in common, it may be the door latch that is causing you problems.

• Cheryl A
    Cheryl A

Joyce

I would call or visit the website of Whirlpool to see if there are answers there that may help you. Sometimes it is best to call a repair service - it could be the pump or something minor, good luck to you!

• Have you tried contacting Whirlpool? They may have an aswer for you.

• Annie
    Annie

The people t Whirlpool can probably help you for no charge over the phone. It's worth a try!

• Pat
    Pat

Did you check the float that has a switch that turns the water off and then starts to run. Maybe the switch is not letting enough water in so that it won't start to run. Just an idea. Had that happen to my DDIL and when she cleaned out food from under the float the machine worked. I would contact Whirlpool.

• Nick Ornitz
    Nick Ornitz

Hi Joyce, if you still need help, you can connect directly with a certified appliance professional via video chat to walk through a diagnosis and receive instructions on how to fix the dishwasher yourself. It's like telemedicine for home repairs. Recommend checking out hellodwelling.com

• Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Hi, Sounds like the drive band or motor has broken or needs to be fixed. If you don't have the ability or the spares, call in a repair man.

• Unique Creations By Anita
    Unique Creations By Anita

I have had this before and my husband tried every think to fix it with no luck. We phoned the manufacturer and all we had to do was reset the machine. On our machine it was two buttons we had to push at the same time on the control panel. I am not saying this is your issue, but it is worth a look to see if your machine does have a reset.

Betsy

Hi Joyce: Are you sure those are the right numbers? When I pulled them up, all I found was a tower fan and 3 washer/dryers. Check this site and see if you can find your product: http://www.manualsonline.com/brands/ Seems like you did a lot of checking, good for you :)

If your gas or electric company has an appliance service plan, I suggest you get one. They are pretty cheap and you can put various appliances on it. But, in the mean time, check that site. Good luck

• Flipturn
    Flipturn

How old is the dishwasher?

Also, when I tried the number you gave, my results showed only washer/dryer as well, not any dishwashers.

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

It sounds like the control panel to me.

• Ken Erickson
    Ken Erickson

A clogged discharge hose may cause problems with the cycle operation.

• Pls43176104
    Pls43176104

Ft Wayne florists

• Lifestyles Homes
    Lifestyles Homes

Yes, do a Re-Set, more than once, if necessary. My Whirlpool needed that.

• Kmdreamer
    Kmdreamer

Is water pumping out because if not your pump might have gone.