DIY Curtain Tie Backs

$10

I’ve been sitting on this project for months now and I finally got to it! This is a really quick project and super easy.

Supplies

Wood Beads (I used 3 sized. 20mm, 16mm and 8mm)

Jute rope

J hooks (2 of them)

Step 1 Continue

First you want to make your end. Using the biggest bead, mine was 20mm, put the jute rope through the whole.

Step 1 Continue

You are going to make a circle around the bead. Tying it up. Leave some room when tying the circle.

Step 2 Cutting the length

Now you should have one end of the rope with a bead and the other end still attached to the whole rope. Cut off about 2 feet.

Pattern Time

I laid out several different styles till I found one I liked.

Step 3

Now to start stringing your beads on.

Step 3 Continue

String till you have your desired length.

mine is 1 foot 6 inches long.

Step 4

It’s time to make another end piece. You will repeat step one leaving some room with tying the circle.

You will be left with each end looking like this.

Step 5

With your J hook put it into the wall next to your curtains.

Completed!

Thank you for taking the time to read.

you can find me on Instagram.

20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
15 Memorial Day Crafts
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before

• Lois

Where can the rope be purchased ?? Can not find any small enough for the hole in the beads. Would something else work? Thank you

• Roberta Wells

I love this but would want to stain the beads a darker color. Do you think the stain would bleed onto my curtains. Or would be ok after letting the beads dry for a couple days?? Thank you for the beautiful idea!!

• Holly | The Rustic Desert

That’s a wonderful idea! No I don’t think they will. After staining wait 24 hrs and use a polyurethane. It comes in a liquid or a spray form. I recommend the spray can. You can get it at Lowe’s.

• Deborah Marsh Little

I’ve been looking for tiebacks for my new curtains these will be perfect thanks

• Patricia Haley

Such a wonderful idea. Alas, my craft skills have lessened as I age. I was looking for something to use as tiebacks for my teal drapes (that I didn't have to make). It took some time, but I finally found the perfect thing after I perused the ropes & chain section at Lowes. I chose a black shiny plastic chain in one length, than halved it. Perfect for my Master Bedroom where I do have some black decor objects. ph