DIY Flower Prints

$5

Hi, I'm Amber Oliver! I hope if you enjoy this project you'll also stop by my blog!Today I'm going to show you a cool technique called "flower pounding"! for this project you'll need fresh flowers, fabric or watercolor paper, paper towels, tape, and a hammer.

Prep your work surface

The first thing you need to do is prep your work surface. I put down a kitchen towel and used a cutting board so we aren't working directly on the tabletop or counter.

Lay out your flowers

The flowers you choose for this project should all lay flat. Arange them on your surface in whatever design you want

Secure

After you've got your flowers laid out. Gently lay a paper towel on top and tape into place. This will help keep your flowers in place and will also help prevent transfer.

Start hammering

Now is the fun part! Start gently hammering the surface. You want to do it hard enough that it will kind of stamp onto the surface but gentle enough that it doesn't move. Keep pounding until you're sure you've covered the entire surface

Peel up

Gently peel up the paper towel and then gently pick up the smashed flowers. You'll see the beautiful colors imprinted on your paper or fabric!

Frame and display

Lastly I outlined the flowers with a permentan marker to really help them pop and framed them in this pretty acrylic frame! If you enjoyed this project, please visit my HOME DECOR ARCHIVES for more project inspiration!

Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
Everything Red For Canada Day
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
Amber Oliver