Asked on Sep 4, 2020

What kind of saw should I use on formica countertop?

Zard PocleebRymeaMogie
+7

Hey folks ... I asked this question previously, but I don't think I provided enough information! Sorry to all those who responded. We are installing a drop in farmhouse sink ... I will need to cut the front lip/edge of the already installed formica countertop in order to accommodate the front of the sink. This front edge/lip of the existing countertop will be removed. I hope this is a bit more clear. I have a jigsaw and if that is what I should use then is there a specific saw blade that will work better and give cleaner edges? Thanks!

• Peggy Burnette
    Peggy Burnette

Hi this is Peggy. I hope this helps you cut your formica countertop. To cut through laminate countertops, you can use a hand saw, but a circular saw makes the job much quicker. Because a circular saw can produce jagged edges and chip the laminate, your best bet is to lay the laminate face-side down and cut from the back to the front.

What's the best type of circular saw blade for cutting a ...

home.howstuffworks.com › ... › Tools & Materials

About Featured Snippets