How to Build a Bar Stool Using Plastic Bottles?

$10

Hello!

Today i will show you How To Build A Bar Stool From Plastic Bottles. Plastic bottles can be recycled and reused. If you heat them, they will decrease in size and connect the parts very tightly.

Tools that i used for this project:

• Heat gun
  • Saw
  • Screwdriver
  • Digital protractor

First of all, we need to do a top of our bar stool. For this i took a pine board 30 cm wide, and cut length 45 cm. So, my stool top will be 30*45 cm.

Now i will be making a legs for stool. I used pine board 45*45mm with rounded corners. I cut 4 legs.

After that, i clamp them together and sanded with a sandpaper and a screwdriver. In that way all 4 legs will be the same length.

Now i will be making a frame for stool. I used pine board 15*150cm. I cut 4 pieces. 

As a result i have got such a box.

I marked where I should make a cuts.

That frame looks too massive, so i decided to cut a little bit of wood. I made a rounded corners with a screwdriver.

As a result i have got such U-shape pieces. I clamp them together and sanded with a sand paper.

Now we need to connect our top and frame of the stool. For this i make 4 cuts in the top of the stool. 

I will be connect this parts with plastic bottles. I cut bottles in 3 pieces.

When heated, the plastic shrinks and squeezes the two pieces together tightly. 

When the plastic cooled down, I decided to cut off the excess and make them the same size.

Now I will be attaching stool legs. I will also used plastic bottles.

I cut one corner with a knife. In this way it will be easier to insert leg into the plastic.

Heating with a heat gun and cut off the excess parts.

We're almost done! The only thing we need to do is add a leg bar. I used pine board 35*18mm.

That's it! We've done everything! I'm really surprised how strong a plastic bottle can be to connect the parts together. Don't throw away the bottles. Apply them in your projects!

Hope you enjoyed it!

12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous

• Thea
    Thea

Do you think one would be able to fuse pieces together somehow to make longer strips that would bear weight?