Make Your Own Flower Pot - DIY Mini Plant Stands - Gizmos Hobbies & DI

$15

Make your own flower pot – DIY mini plant stands

Today I’ll show you how you can easily and quickly make your own flower pot out of tins! With the many small offshoots, the need for new flower pots increases directly and so that you don’t have to leave half your savings book for new flower pots in the hardware store, I have considered a new upcycling project for self-made flower pots.

Cans are just perfect as an upcycling base for new flower pots. Together with a few small remnants of round wood, really cool mini plant stands can be conjured up in no time at all. The cans come together regularly at home thanks to my three cats.

Small plant offshoots can also be given as gifts and even more planted in a pretty flower pot.

I always really enjoy it when I can see how my once small offshoots grow and thrive in my new home.

Make a flower pot out of tins yourself – material list:
  • Cans
  • Chalk spray
  • Round wood 15mm diameter
  • Hot glue
  • Fine-grain sandpaper
  • White creative marker in extra fine line width
  • Creative marker green

Making flower pots out of cans yourself – Easy DIY instructions:

In the first step, you spray the cans with the chalk spray and let them dry completely. Work here in several thin layers to avoid running stains. The chalk paint dries really quickly, so you don’t have to wait long between layers.

As a motif, I decided to use small cacti with white details. I just love cacti and succulents. First, paint the cacti on the cans and, after drying, the white details.

In the next step you prepare the small feet made of round wood for the new flower pots. You can get round logs in every hardware store and you can also order them online. In the hardware store you can have the pieces cut to size or do it yourself, like me, quickly and easily with a Japanese saw.

I really don’t want to do without my Japanese saw, although I hesitated a little longer before buying it. When you have finished cutting the little feet, the best way to smooth both sides is with a little sandpaper. I cut the logs to a length of 1.5cm.

For me, the self-made flower pots each have three legs. I fixed the three legs to the bottom of the can as an approximate triangle with hot glue.

For plants such as cacti or succulents, the flower pot does not need a hole to drain excess irrigation water.

Your DIY flower pots are ready.

Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
Kelsey Sage

• Jean
    Jean

Hi. Said something about a saw. What is it. I didn’t see you use it. I do a lot of DIY. Can you let me know about it. I have a lot of tools , thanks 🙏🏼