Fresh Coat of Paint Goes a Long Way

$75

I got this chest of drawers on my local Facebook marketplace. I liked the lines and the cool grain that was peeking through the old varnish

It only had the front 2 legs so I knew it needed new furniture legs. I ordered some from Amazon and got to sanding

I sanded the drawers and top with an electric sander and sandpaper grit 120/220/320

Once that was done I came up with a design and got to taping with frogtape.

I used the color polo blue by Benjamin Moore as well as gold for the design on the top.

I used penetrating stain to enhance the grain on the front drawers and the top. I also added brass hardware to make it easier to open as it was an older piece

I applied wipe on poly as a top coat.

Once the legs came in I painted those blue as well and it was time for pictures.

This was a quick and amazing transformation which was easy to accomplish with some paint.

If you like this transformation and would like to see more in real-time follow me on Instagram @andreapalmai.

31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas

• Sandra L Warren
    Sandra L Warren

That looks great! Love the contrast between the painted areas and natural wood. What was your inspiration for the very unusual design for the top?