Retaining Walls

When we bought our home Atlanta was "enjoying" one very long drought! Once the rain started coming down, we found it was coming INSIDE, too! The living room and a bonus room were flooding on a regular basis. This retaining wall project has fixed the problem in the bonus room! By the way, if anyone in the Marietta area needs a great team for the excavation (done by hand!) or the landscaping, I VERY HIGHLY RECOMMEND the guys I chose. Let me know and I'll send along their contact info!
First wall is 30" tall, 36" from the house. Second wall is 36" tall and 60" from the first wall.
Before... like the improvised gutter solution? :)
The addition was clearly just dug into the hill with no consideration for where the rain would go!
That's about 12 inches between the bottom of the slope and the foundation. Plus, NO DRAINAGE!
The extra dirt directs water from the neighbors around the house and downhill.
There are french drains behind each wall, and against the house... running far away from the home!

• Karyl

We had the same problem with the rain of the century. We had to put in French drain an a subpump And it seems to be working great with all the rain we got in 2013 an still will be having . what y did we need to do something like that for the run off.

• Cor1382303

Jason, what a great excavation work that you did around your house. Looking at this reminds me about doing something quite similar to my home and backyard. Since it's still the fall season out here in New Mexico, my plans are to create rows for a garden. <a href='http://www.erbobcat.com.au' ></a>