Classic Beauty

My mother-in-law picked up this gem for me. She was so excited and when I saw it I knew why! All those details! Amazing! When I first got it home I wasn't sure if I wanted to paint it or just give it a good cleaning... I thought about it for some time but eventually followed my gut instinct and I painted it! Now, I know some will be outraged that I painted this.. So, if this includes you I kindly ask that you find something else to look at :) Unless, you want to fall in love with the after!
Here is the before. There wasn't too many imperfections. It did have some water marks and discoloration on the table top and a few scratches here and there. But, nothing major. Which, is why I wasn't sure if I wanted to paint... but I knew I could really make this beauty shine and help all those details stand out!
First, I sanded down the top and applied a dark walnut stain. Then I began painting. I used my NEW Wildflowers & Pistols milk paint color - Audrey. It's a soft blueish/greenish color with a touch of gray. It's so cozy, soft and relaxing! Milk paint can naturally "self-distress" and you can see it starting to do this in the picture above. Where it is 'flaking' and 'chipping' is where it is "self-distressing". Just one of the many reasons I love milk paint!
After I painted and lightly sanded the entire thing I applied a glaze. I used Rustoleums Java Brown glaze. Here you can see the difference glaze can make. It helps add so much depth and brings out the tiniest of details. It gives a piece an even more authentically aged look. :)
You can purchase our milk paint here ---> http://wildflowersandpistols.com/collections/milk-paint
Aren't all those details beautiful?!
This little piece of detailing was easily lost before since most of the focus is on the detailing on the top part.. but, now with the paint and glaze it stands out and get the attention it so rightfully deserves! :)
I LoVE this beauty! I am so happy that I followed my heart and painted it! :)

23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space

To see more: https://www.facebook.com/TheHayloftCCC

• Carole
    Carole

Not a fan of the orange pine look in the original photo so I think it does look better painted. Amazing detail which generally does stand out more when painted. You did an amazing job and I also like the bits you stained - the tops - in the darker stain. So much prettier than the orange pine look! Well done.

• Itsmemic
    Itsmemic

Wowie zowie !!!! FANTASTIC !! You did a perfect job..it looks absolutely like an original farmhouse weather look. THIS is what I have been looking to do to a nice wooden very dull tv center. Can't wait !!!!! Perfect !! Best I've seen 100%