Using Mens' Belts to Create Cool Hanging Shelves

$46

After decided to decorate our toddler son's room in a menswear theme, I got really excited about the idea of coming up with creative ways to repurpose mens' belts and ties! I ended up coming up with FOUR creative DIYs using belts {and several using neckties and bow ties}.
using mens belts to create cool hanging shelves, shelving ideas
One of my favorite belt projects is this set of shelves!
While I was planning my son's room, I came across some leather belt shelves in the CB2 catalog. I knew they would be perfect for Beckett's menswear inspired bedroom, but unfortunately the shelves were too long for the space I had available, and $200 for two shelves wasn't really in our budget.
Instead, we created our own DIY version for a fraction of the cost!
The blog post {linked at the bottom} includes the full supply list and the detailed step by step tutorial!
Hanging these shelves is actually quite easy, but it took quite a bit of brainpower for us to figure out the best way to get the belts positioned just the way we wanted to them and to ensure the shelves would be level. You'll find the full tutorial with the detailed steps in my blog post {linked below}.
Once all the belts were attached to the wall, we inserted the shelf boards and screwed through the belts into the bottom of the boards to secure them in place.
Once the shelves were up and level, we filled them with some very special items for our son's, including a vintage Trailways bus toy given to him by his great grandfather who used to be a long distance bus driver!
These shelves are just one of many fun DIY projects we completed for this menswear inspired bedroom. You'll find more of these projects linked in my Hometalk profile!
Angela, Blue i Style

• Maude LaFountain

I love this idea ...I think it really a super cool idea for a childs room and yes I too would have screwed the belts in at the bottom for extra safety ...

• Emily

This is great!