DeeDee
DeeDee
  • Decatur, TX

DIY Carpet Cleaning

We cleaned our carpets using household ingredients and got excellent results! Visit our blog (link below) for our recipe to clean your carpets just in time for the holidays! :)
Oxy Clean, vinegar and warm water is all we used.
Before
Before
After
After
DeeDee

• Tanya Lowder Forbes

Any luck with getting red punch stains out of cream colored carpet?🤦🏾‍♀️

• DeeDee

Hi Tanya! I have not had this come up before, but it would be worth a try to use straight peroxide and if that doesn't work, a mixture of vinegar and baking soda?

When I Googled your question here's what I got:

Mix one tablespoon of liquid hand dishwashing detergent; one-half cup distilled white vinegar and two cups of warm water. Use a clean white cloth to blot this solution into the stain. Work from the outside edges toward the center to prevent spreading the stain.

I hope it helps! :)

• Great post. I would just say that, people need to be careful when using products that contain verbage "oxy" in them. They can cause bleaching in the areas treated, especially on natural fibers.

• Mary

I just received your email regarding. Thank you so much! I will give that a try.

mary