Atta Girl Amy
Atta Girl Amy
  • Greensboro, NC

Choosing a Chandelier: Tips & Formulas to Save You Mistakes & Money

As a lifelong blonde, I don’t really believe in “blonde moments.”
But if such a thing exists, this definitely qualifies.
Last year when I was redecorating my office, I ordered a gorgeous chandelier.
But when it arrived, I realized I had made a huge decorating mistake.
When choosing lighting, most people make the mistake of buying a fixture that is too small.
Not me. I knew to calculate the room’s
choosing a chandelier tips formulas to save you mistakes money, how to, lighting
Avoid costly decorating mistakes with this by-the-numbers guide to choosing the right chandelier for every room and space in your home. Learn how to figure out what size chandelier you need for your room, plus formulas for how high to hang lights over dining tables, nightstands, beds and more. Learn about the right size chandeliers for your ceilings and square footage. You'll also learn how to figure out if a fixture will put out enough light for the room.
Chandeliers are a great space-saving alternative to bedside lamps. But do you know how low to hang chandeliers or pendants over your nightstand? (Photo credit: Pottery Barn)
Do you know how to choose a chandelier that will look perfect over your dining room table and in proper proportion with it? What about how high or low you should hang it? (Photo credit: Ballard Designs)
Atta Girl Amy