What kind of plant is this?

+7
I received this plant as a gift, it came with no tag to identify it. Please help. The little spikes on the leaves are baby plants that will fall off and for a new plant.
q what kind of plant is this, container gardening, gardening, succulents, Side view of plant Can see smaller plant next to it was made from the spike on the leaves
Side view of plant. Can see smaller plant next to it, was made from the spike on the leaves.
q what kind of plant is this, container gardening, gardening, succulents, Top view of plant
Top view of plant.
  • R.V.R. Farris R.V.R. Farris on Apr 26, 2015
    Try Google, and look up Mother-of-Thousands, and kalanchoe. It appears to be a type of that plant.
  • Swan Road Designs Swan Road Designs on Apr 26, 2015
    No question...Mother of Thousands. I have several and they multiply like bunnies. You'll have plenty to share with friends.
  • Jeannie Jeannie on Apr 26, 2015
    Swan Road, Is it a type of succulent?
    Yes, and it's pretty easy-going as house plants go. It just multiplies like crazy. Each "baby' is a potential new plant. Have fun.
  • Debbie Debbie on Apr 26, 2015
    We call it Crocodile tears. It is a very fast growing ,multiplying plant in central florida Myrajeanjenkins@yahoo.com
  • Jennifer White Jennifer White on Apr 26, 2015
    Thank You. It is a Mother-of-Thousands. And yes it multiplies like bunnies lol.
  • Jean Carroll Jean Carroll on Apr 26, 2015
    I would like to know also I have some that I bought in Flordia the personI got them from called them an alligator plant the leaf looks like an alligator snout and the ones look teeth
  • Char Miller Char Miller on Apr 27, 2015
    Mother of Thousands or Hawiian Tree Of Life is what I was told when given one. they love sunny windows (I have mine in an East window) and don't water very often.
  • Maxine Davidson-Tompkins Maxine Davidson-Tompkins on Dec 12, 2015
    The babies can be a real problem. They will grow anywhere, even without soil. If you have other plants , keep them away from this one or there will be babies in their soil & they will take over that pot.. I had one & I finally throw it out.
  • Clare Clare on Jul 24, 2016
    The Latin name is Kalanchoe. If you google that, you can find out more.