HomeSpot HQ
HomeSpot HQ
  • Durham, NC

Refrigerator Maintenance

I've seen it before where a homeowner was going to replace a perfectly good frig because it wasn't able to keep cool. The problem was the exchanger coils were coated in tons of dust. Use this checklist to keep your frig alive.
-Clean heat exchanger coils
-Clean door gasket
-Defrost freezer
-Clean all external and internal surfaces
-Replace water filter (if applicable)
Clean the heater exchanger coils of dust to keep your unit operating at optimal efficiency.
Clean the door gasket with warm soapy water.
HomeSpot HQ

• Kim

I have a feeling this may have been what happened with my last fridge. Though, the back was covered with a panel, and the coils were not easily accessible to clean without removing the back panel off the fridge. Is that what is supposed to be done?

• Barbara Meadows

your coils are hidden behind cardboard panel with screws,mine is that way,i had to call me sears store before I read my manual,it shows where they are

• Lacia Lynne Bailey

But if the coils are covered then they wouldn't get dirty to need cleaning?