Sabine Schmidt
Sabine Schmidt
  • Hendersonville, TN

Hose Holder Made From Scrap Materials

My tangled hose in the front of the house was driving me crazy, so I was really happy when I came across a genius hose holder made by the talented girls over at Shanty2Chic.com. I was inspired by their design, however, I didn't want to buy any new materials. Instead, I used whatever I could find in my garage.
hose holder made from scrap materials, fences, gardening, how to, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects
I started with a piece of scrap wood from an old fence which I cut and sanded.
Next, I cut three more pieces of wood and attached them to the pole. Everything was from my scrap pile.
I needed something that would hold the hose in place. This old shelf bracket was perfect.
I used tiny screws to attach the shelf bracket to the pole. I spray painted everything black.
To keep the hose from sliding off the shelf bracket, I screwed in a machine screw.
I dug a hole, and my hose holder was ready.
This was a quick and easy project and I am glad I was able to make this by using everything I already had.
Sabine Schmidt

• Joan

very good !

• Janice Mccoy

I really like this I'm going to try to get my husband to make it. I think we have all the lumber and a shelf brace.at the house. I love this idea. Thanks