Living Rich on Less - Susan
Living Rich on Less - Susan
  • Huntingdon, PA

Sprucing up the Family Cabin With Paint and Hardware

My mom and dad are seriously considering making the family camp their full-time retirement home. The problem? It needs a lot of TLC. So this Father's Day, I gifted dad with all new door hardware and paint. Check out the transformation!
sprucing up entry door with paint and hardware, curb appeal, doors, painting, porches
This is what the front porch looked like when we got started on Monday morning.
I began by painting the exterior French doors. We also touched up the trim on all the window and door casings. What a difference some paint can make!
I put dad to work installing all the new hardware. I picked EZ-Set pieces in a Tuscan Bronze finish from the unhingehardware.com website. They've got a great selection of stuff and super low prices.
One tip dad shared with me: Use a screwdriver with a rubberized coating when attaching door hardware to avoid scratching the finish.
He also requested that all the locks be keyed alike, to avoid fumbling around with a bunch of different keys for the same home – a small, but important detail to remember when ordering.
After a day of painting, attaching hardware, and cleaning up the place, the camp is now starting to look a little more like a home.
What do you think of the
Living Rich on Less - Susan

• Hannah V

A transformation indeed! It looks so much better.

• Kathy t

I love the color of the hardware. Looks striking against the white. Very Nice