Thrift Store Mirror Makeover

I found this $10 mirror at the thrift store for $10. It was originally from the 1970s I assume. Looks like part of dresser. I knew it was a perfect fit for our dining room. Using 3 Annie Sloan Chalk Paint colors I created this fabulous French Country look. It has definitely gone from trash to treasure.
I plan to continue the plates along the sides of the mirror as I come across ironstone during my thrifty hunts.
Simply clean the frame of the mirror well. I didn't bother to tape off the glass. I flat razor blade easily scrapes off any paint that may sneak onto the mirror.
I used 3 colors by Annie Sloan Chalk Paint to create this look. The base coat is painted first. The other layers are simply dry brushed on. Base coat: French Linen Dry Brushed colors: Duck Egg Blue and Old White
Clear and dark waxes were used.
You get this aged look without distressing. It is layered and rich looking. For the final touch I applied Plaid's Liquid Gold in classic gold with an artist brush. After it was dry, I ever so slightly distressed the gold with a fine grit sand paper. The outer edges got a light sanding as well.
It blends well with the window treatments. To see more on dry brushing and the detailed steps used, please visit the blog post.

31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
Christy @ Our Southern Home

• Susan
    Susan

How did you hang the plates around the mirror. I noticed they are not hung with plate hangers.

• Pat4799252
      Pat4799252

What a great idea !!! It brings light into your dining room and we always need as much natural light into any room. 10 out of 10 🎈🎈

• Maureen
    Maureen

The final design is really beautiful. Soft colors that are almost neutral. The color will ‘go with’

any color changes you make. Very beautiful.

There are several photos that show what looks like a crack in the mirror. Were you able to fix the crack or did you replace the mirror?