Can I attach a wall mirror to a dresser?

Shanel
by Shanel
+7

I know that a dresser mirror can be attached to a wall. But can the opposite be done? Meaning, can a mirror intended to be hung on a wall be attached to a dresser?

• I’m sure there is a way, it just depends on what it is made of. You might have to reinforce the back with extra wood to make it stable

• Gk Gk on Dec 29, 2019

You can attach a mirror to a dresser but you will need special brackets to hold it in place. Here's a bit of information to help you.

https://mirrorcoop.com/dresser-mirror-brackets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3kpUzzkLdw

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Dec 29, 2019

Yes, most of them are made that way. But if the mirror isn’t square or rectangular it will look odd. I would go to a furniture store and inspect the backs for best way once you find one similar to yours. You can affix large flat boards to the dresser then attach the mirror, easiest way I can think of.

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Dec 29, 2019

Hi Shanel,

Usually if a mirror is meant to be attached to a dresser, there will be brackets meant for attachment. Check the back of your dresser to see if it can handle the weight of a mirror then head to a hardware store in your area to see if they can help you find the proper brackets. Remember, that a mirror is heavy so you must have brackets that will keep it from tipping the entire dresser. Wishing you the best.

• Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Dec 29, 2019

Shanel....Just make sure you use brackets that will secure it well but I think it will be fine.

• Rymea Rymea on Dec 30, 2019

If your mirror has a substantial wooden frame then it might be possible. Usually vertical sides of the frame has to match up with vertical wood pieces built into the back of the dresser.

• J J on Jan 01, 2020

Cut some wooden braces that extend past the length of the mirror. Use gorilla glue to attach them when dry screw them onto the back of dresser. Most home stores will cut your wood for you. The also have everything else needed.

• Betsy Betsy on Jan 02, 2020

Hi Shanel: Yes, you can get brackets, usually from a furniture store. Just be sure to use enough screws so that the mirror (you didn't say how large it was) doesn't tilt or shift. Good luck

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 03, 2020

Hello Shanel,

Yes it can but you will need to buy 2 pair of Dressing table mirror fixing clips for the job. Try onlne!