Teenagers bedroom ?

+10
  • Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Aug 18, 2021

Hello. What is your exact question are you looking for ideas or diy projects?

More information might be helpful. I feel like paint colors and art could be a way to showcase your teenagers room. Additionally have you thought about searching the visuals on Pinterest or Houzz for inspiration? There is a wealth of ideas and visual inspiration there for your consideration. That might lead you to decide on an idea or theme. After that I’ll be assembling materials and starting your project.

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Aug 18, 2021

Boy or girl? What do you have in mind? Full remodel? What do the rooms look like?

Here are some ideas from Pinterest, hope they help you:

https://www.pinterest.com/theappside/teen-bedroom-ideas/

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Aug 18, 2021

Choose something that will grow up with them. I did my son's room with antique cars as an accent when he was 12 and he never wanted to change it. For my daughter, I did a soft pink with hearts. Although she moved to an attic room when she went to college, she still loved her other room. The attic room was painted a deep blue and accented with celestial bedding and throw pillows.

• Mogie Mogie on Aug 18, 2021

What is your question? What gender is this for? For how many teens?

• William William on Aug 18, 2021

Here some ideas from other Hometalkers

https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=teen%20bedroom%20ideas

• Janice Janice on Aug 18, 2021

Since you didn't mention whether the teen is a boy or girl, the best suggestions I can give is to "interview" the teen and find out what there interests are. Are they a sport fan, do they have hobbies, etc. that you could use as a theme. Most teens might like a comfy beanbag chair for TV watching or game playing on-line. Ask what colors they love, or the colors of sports teams or school colors. Make it easy for them to make the bed! Storage space or shelves to display items they love.

• Flipturn Flipturn on Aug 19, 2021

Swap out regular electrical outlets with outlets that have built in USB ports for charging. If budget permits, move some of the electrical outlets from conventional low level (next to baseboards) up higher to counter/desk height, or bedside table height.

Surge protector plug in units with built in shelves can also be purchased.

• Maura White Maura White on Aug 19, 2021

Let them pick their favorite color. Pick a comforter set that matches the color. And let them have the input on what to put on the walls. My opinion is this is their one place in the house that is their own space. And even if we hate it as parents, they won't be there forever, so just let them express themselves.

• Betsy Betsy on Aug 19, 2021

Hi Sha: Girl? Boy? What are the interests? I'd get some ideas from them. After all, it's going to be their room and they will have to live with the decisions. Maybe posters of what they like, sports figures, movie stars, etc. But, I think I'd see what they would like. Even if you hate it, it's their room :)

Good luck

• Lindsay Aratari Lindsay Aratari on Aug 24, 2021

Paint would be a good place to start