What tools do I need to remove popcorn ceilings?

+1

Need to remove popcorn ceiling stuff in whole main floor. Since neither my husband or myself are gifted doing seams on drywall. Do you have any suggestions for a different kind of ceiling look?

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on May 09, 2019

Wood

Styrofoam tiles

corrugated metal

• DesertRose DesertRose on May 09, 2019

My husband and I removed ours by wetting a section and scraping it off. It was hard work, but not difficult. We covered everything with throw tarps and sheets etc. Then we painted it as it was, with a slight texture that looked like it was made like that on purpose! It turned out great. Our neighbor did it the same, only he attached a shop wet/dry vacuum hose to the scraper and saved a lot of clean up work.

• Lorraine Lorraine on May 09, 2019

Bead board panels would be pretty easy(comparatively), wood flooring. Found these on Pintrest, and there was even one from Hometalk.

• Bob Rost Bob Rost on May 16, 2019

I, because of it possibly containing asbestos would recomend covering it with new 3/8" drywall. If no one has ever painted over it you can wet it down and scrape it off, but that is a horrible mess and the odds are the existing drywall finishing is not good and will also need work. Popcorn was done because it hid a lot of problems.