What can I use as a fabric softener?

+4
So on the fabric softnet you just use viniger ????

• That is what I do. I use a homemade or free and clear detergent, vinegar in the fabric softener cup and felted wool dryer balls.

• Ken Ken on Nov 03, 2017
    What?

• FL FL on Nov 03, 2017
    You can use vinegar as a fabric softener in the washer:
    "Add half a cup of white vinegar directly to the wash, just prior to the final rinse cycle. Allow the machine to finish the rest of they cycle.
    Remove the laundry from your washing machine and dry it as usual. Either throw it in the dryer, or hang it out on the clothesline. The dry laundry will not smell like vinegar." https://www.hunker.com/13422602/how-to-use-vinegar-as-a-fabric-softener

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Nov 04, 2017
    Yes, vinegar.

• 2dogal 2dogal on Nov 04, 2017
    Remember, when you use a commercial fabric softener, it is clogging the fabric to make it softer. Towels won't dry as well.

• Elaine Elaine on Nov 04, 2017
    vinegar in the rinse cycle and it also removes rust stains from jeans too

• Judy Judy on Nov 04, 2017
    Vinegar and water, is the BEST EVER to soak NEW CLOTHES in, before you wear them. This mixture preserves the colors, and they will NOT FADE, as the normal clothes or items do - try it, and you too, will be shocked at the compliments of others., plus the sharpness of the colors in your clothes. Low priced, also. J.