How do I remove blue stains from the cracks of my wooden floor? ?

Ro Dowling
by Ro Dowling
+10

Help!! I spilt toilet bleach (bright blue) in the cracks of my wooden floor... Any ideas of how to remove the stains??

q how do i remove blue stains from the cracks of my wooden floor
  • I would try a little vinegar or hydrogen peroxide.

• Debra Howe Debra Howe on Aug 22, 2021

Peroxide. Be patient, put a little down, then reapply whenever it's dry. FYI, it took several days to remove hair dye from my carpet, but it faded a little with each application, until it was gone.

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Aug 22, 2021

Hello. Do you know your manufacture of your flooring? I might suggest contacting them for advice to find the suggested most effective cleanser without damaging their products seal coat.

• I'd use hydrogen peroxide with a small tooth brush and wash cloth and try to work it in to get it out. Do a little at a time to see how it reacts.

• Cristine Schwartzberg Cristine Schwartzberg on Aug 22, 2021

Toilet bleach, peroxide and vinegar are all drying to the wood. Once you get the blue out, consider rubbing in some oil to replenish the oil in the wood. I use wood oil, but vegetable oil will do in a pinch. Just put a tsp on a clean cloth and rub the cloth all around the area. I hope this helps.

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Aug 22, 2021

Try a cleaning paste. I’ve used Norwex, Campanelli, and earth brite. Each does the job with no difference in results.

• Flipturn Flipturn on Aug 22, 2021

What is your flooring made out of?

• Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on Aug 22, 2021

Have you tried reg bleach that is. Lear try ina tiny spot on the blue

• Betsy Betsy on Aug 22, 2021

Hi Ro: Bummer :( You might try pouring a 1/4 cup of vinegar on the area to neutralize the bleach. Rinse with water. Avoid using excessive amounts of liquid, which may swell the wood. Wipe the water off immediately and allow the stained area to dry overnight. But, read this site for help first:

https://www.homedit.com/wood-stain-remover/

Good luck

• Lindsay Aratari Lindsay Aratari on Aug 24, 2021

Magic eraser

• It's a last resort, but when I have a stain or a spot where the color is gone on my floors that I really can't remove, I've used a furniture marker or crayon (they sell them at Home Depot in the stain aisle) to spot correct. I always test it in an inconspicuous area first for color matching.

• Libbie B Libbie B on Aug 26, 2021

What is the floor made out of?

• Annie Annie on Aug 27, 2021

Try some CLR