Stain on night stand

+2
I have a small water stain on my cherry night stand. We had a surgery in the family and the patient stayed in the bed next to it and had to have water all night. Somehow a drop or two of it stayed on the night stand all night. The place is a little smaller than a dime. Furniture polish and Old English scratch remover have done nothing. Help!

• In the future, cover the nightstand with plastic placemats from the dollar store, less likely to have that type of accident. I always have a glass of water next to my bed so I get that part. Hopefully other Hometalkers will have remedies to get your spot out.

• Annie Annie on Jan 12, 2018
    Rub with cooking oil

• William William on Jan 12, 2018
    Place a cloth over the stain. Iron set to warm and go over the cloth. White (not gel) toothpaste. A dab of toothpaste on a damp cloth and rub in a circular motion. Wipe and polish.

• DesertRose DesertRose on Jan 13, 2018
    I have cherry wood too. I use Old English furniture polish to remove such stains or scratches. Hope this helps.

• DesertRose DesertRose on Jan 13, 2018
    Oh, I meant to also say they have dark and light, I use the dark on my cherry wood.