Tips for Cleaning silverware?

+2

• https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=cleaning%20silverware

• William William on Dec 23, 2017
    I sell a lot of silver on Ebay. Jewelry, silverware, serving sets. Silver polish and dips tend to remove some of the metal. The foil method doesn't work that great and still leaves a grey film that still needs to be removed AND it also removes some of the metal. I use white toothpaste (not gel)and a damp toothbrush. For large items I use a damp cloth. Also works on copper, brass, gold, porcelain, ceramics, sneakers, plastics, etc. For my sales I needed one product for cleaning everything.

• Emily Emily on Dec 23, 2017
    I collect a lot of silverware and always (well usually) use Wrights silver polish. I am going to try the toothpaste, William because I have a huge copper tray that I don't seem to be able to get totally clean.

• Judy Judy on Dec 23, 2017
    Use Coke, this works great., if you are not happy with this, use a jewelry cloth, and this will do it too.