Get rid of glass?

+3
My wife and I used some glass from a mirror for a DIY project. And now we're trying to figure out how to safely dispose of the mirror (with shards of glass leftover). What do you recommend? Thanks so much  Moe
q get rid of glass
  • Lisa S. Lisa S. on Dec 11, 2017
    Brush them into a heavy box. Wear leather gloves, safety goggles long sleeves, and a dustpan and brush. Lay newspaper in the box in the bottom, prior to putting the glass in, and another layer on top. Seal the box up with heavy tape, in multiple places. Label the box on several sides. With my garbage collector - they prefer you sit the box with your can at the curb - so they can see it.

• Call your trash collector. Mine said to wrap in newspaper and place in plastic trash bags and place in recycle bin.

• Jude Jude on Dec 11, 2017
    Be sure to wrap left-over pieces in newspapers and tape all edges. Be VERY CAREFUL when handling. Or, contact your trash company for their instructions. (I saw the newspaper method on one of the former home DIY programs with Amy Matthews.)

• Sharon Sharon on Dec 11, 2017
    I put in cardboard box and tape with duct tape well.

• could do as suggested from the others, then mark the box and create a mosaic piece. incorporate the pieces. Beautiful garden pieces such as scattered reflections throughout.

• Moe Mernick Moe Mernick on Dec 12, 2017
    You guys are AWESOME! Thanks so much for your valuable time and advice!