How do I clean a pot with severely burned on sugar?

+2
  • Fran Fran on Jan 31, 2019

Boil it with water and baking soda. Just the other day I forgot I was boiling eggs and the water evaporated and the eggs literally exploded. The pot was black and my husband said to throw the pot away. I scrubbed the pot with Bon Ami and it shinny clean.

• Ana Bacallao Ana Bacallao on Jan 31, 2019

Keep pouring hot water and dishwashing detergent into it and keep changing as soon as the ayer turns brown. It might take quite a few times to get it all melted out.

• Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Jan 31, 2019

Wende...Try dawn in water and boil but be sure to watch

• 19698379 19698379 on Feb 01, 2019

Baking soda, dish soap, water, and vinegar. If it is burnt on and crusty, let it is sit for at least an hour before attempting to wash it. You may need to "rinse and repeat" if it does not come completely clean.

• Oliva Oliva on Feb 01, 2019

Electric dishwashing granules and boiling water left to sit a few hours should remove this. If not, reheat the pot with water, to boiling, but do not walk away. The crust should dissolve with the heat.