How do I get walnut stains out of my off white carpet?

+6
My dog chewed on walnuts from outside and then came and vomited on my carpet. I cannot remove the three stains. Help!
q how do i get walnut stains out of my off white carpet
  • M. M.. M. M.. on Dec 27, 2017
    What have you tried? Lemon juice? hydrogen peroxide? What kind of fiber is your carpet - wool or synthetic?

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Dec 27, 2017
    I would try making a paste of baking soda and vinegar, leave it on there a few hours then come back and scrub with dish soap and hot water.

• Maggie Passaro Maggie Passaro on Dec 27, 2017
    I have had best luck with oxyclean even a generic version , and follow the instructions on the container, but mostly its foam it up by whisk it a bit, and the worse my stain the stronger i make it, then apply the bubbly foam from the top of your mixture, right on the stain, just to dampen and cover stain. Let sit for a minute then using layers of old terry rags or towels, place on top of area and press down, dont rub ( although sometimes i have to scrub a bit) best not to, and the toweling should wick the spot and stain up, i stand on mine to get it to absorb all i can. I removed the stain left from an entire birthing of 8 puppies, from a light colored carpet after 1 years time it had set there.
    I was amazed.

• Elizabeth Kelley Elizabeth Kelley on Dec 27, 2017
    You can try this but test it first. It has removed dog puke and urine from my white carpets. Mix the next 3 ingredients gently- then pour in spray bottle; Do Not Shake the bottle. 8 oz Hydrogen Peroxide, 2 tsp. of Baking Soda, and 1-2 drops of liquid Dish soap. Spray onto protein stain and walk away. Allow to dry. No need to rub or scrub the area. For tough odors you may have to repeat.
    I would also check your fabric/carpet for color fastness before using due to the peroixide content. I have never had any problems with any fabric changing colors from this mix.

• Patty Patty on Dec 27, 2017
    Definitely Oxi-clean. Mix the powder in hot water. pour right on the stain and let sit several minutes. Then use a carpet cleaner or even wet-dry shop vac to vacuum it up. May need to repeat depending on how deep the stain is. Oxi-clean removes organic stains very well. I use the powder mixed in hot water, not the pre-made spray.

• Heather Barton Sturgeon Heather Barton Sturgeon on Dec 28, 2017
    The best cleaner for anything I've found is Krud Kutter available at Home Depot. I would dilute it, probably 50/50 with water, apply and let it set for a few minutes. Then blot it out and rinse and blot. If necessary repeat with full strength and increase time that it sets on stain. This stuff removes dried latex paint 3 days after painting, it's amazing. I use it for everything, directions on back of bottle for dilution for cleaning almost anything.

• Kathy Baker Kathy Baker on Dec 30, 2017
    Someone stepped on some purple berries then tracked the juice on my brand new carpeting. I tried all the no fail methods, proxide, oxyplus you name it I tried it. Then I broke down and called a carpet cleaner, someone who specialized in stains. He pulled out a bottle of Quality Carpet Care Urine Stain Remover and put somebody on a rag then rubbed it on the stain. Gone, no waiting it was gone. Might be worth a try. Good luck.

• Chloe Crabtree Chloe Crabtree on May 01, 2022

Use 1/4 cup of white vinegar, 1 tbsp. of Dawn dish soap, and fill with water. Spray area liberally and let soak for 5-10 minutes and then proceed with blotting with a clean, dry towel until stain is removed. Some carpet stain removal products can be of great benefit for combating many types of carpet stains.