How do you clean silver?

+3
  • Cindy Cindy on Sep 05, 2018

Hi Gretchen. I'm Cindy. I have a method of cleaning silver. You will need: 2 bowls, 1 piece of aluminum foil, salt, and baking soda. Line a bowl with foil. Add 1 tablespoon baking soda and 1 tablespoon salt. Pour in warm water and stir. Put your silver in this solution, making sure it comes in contact with the foil. Leave in for a minute or two. Move items around a bit until they are cleaned. Add clean water in the 2nd bowl and put your items in it. After a good rinsing, lay your items out on a clean dry towel. Allow to dry and dispose the water in both bowls.

• Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Sep 05, 2018

Get a quality cleaner like Weinmans (sp?) Silver cleaner. Never ever use Tarnex, it will ruin your silver.

• Patty Montag Patty Montag on Sep 05, 2018

some small silver can be cleaned with tooth paste.

• William William on Sep 06, 2018

I sell a lot of silver on Ebay. Jewelry, silverware, serving sets. Silver polish like Wrights and dips like TarnX tend to remove some of the metal. The foil method doesn't work that great and still leaves a grey film that still needs to be removed. I use white toothpaste (not gel) and a damp toothbrush. For large items I use a damp cloth. Also works on copper, brass, gold, porcelain, ceramics, sneakers, plastics, etc. For my sales I needed one product for cleaning everything.

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Sep 06, 2018

Line sink with aluminum foil. Dissolve spic and span in warm water. Soak items. Rinse.

• Hi Gretchen - This is a super easy and all-natural way to clean silver. Hope it helps! Hugs, Holly

https://pinkfortitude.com/silver-utensils/