How to make porcelain floor tiles slightly shiny?

+6
I have wood look porcelain tiles. I’ve been using my Shark steam mop with water. They seem dull now. Whatprod can I use to make them slightly shiny?

• Ken Ken on Dec 13, 2017
    use a product with a name like Mop-N-Glow. It's a quick cleaner and floor polish that you just squirt on the floor and use a sponge or sponge mop to distribute it leaving a clean floor with a little shine

• Rose Broadway Rose Broadway on Dec 13, 2017
    I know what you mean. When I bought my steamer the directions said safe for wood floors, but it really has dulled them. All the info I could find requires buffing with an electric buffer. Lots of work, but here's a video.

• Gale Allen Jenness Gale Allen Jenness on Dec 13, 2017
    Take it from a professional cabinet maker, standing water allowed to dry on a clear shinny finish is like acid to your floor finish and will over time eat completely thru your floor finish! Think about a deck outside that has a stained and/or clear finish, if those decks are in the weather where they get wet that deck needs to be refinished generally at least every couple years to avoid damaging the wood! It’s the same thing with a hardwood floor, even more so really since your finish inside the house doesn’t have a exterior finish on it!
    Using a steamer adding heat to your hardwood and your finish really will cause you more grief over time! Being heat and cold changes to the wood flooring makes your wood swell and shrink and it can warp and twist over time! If your noticing gaps between your floor boards this is why! We actually use heat on our hardwood when it’s got a nasty scratch to raised the grain of the wood so we can sand out deep scratches with very little sanding! Similar to your steam mop only we use a wet rag and a hot iron and run the iron back and forth over the scratch area! But we’re doing this on raw wood not a finished product!
    If your going to wash your floors I would use as little water as possible so it can’t soak down into the cracks between your floor boards as much as possible and always take a dry towel and wipe it dry right away! Don’t even let water dry on your floor! Two biggest mistakes most homeowners make with hardwood floors is letting water sit on their floors and not keeping a consistent heat in their house! I’ve even known new contractors that in the process of remodeling a home put in new hardwood flooring. But didn’t have a thermostat on the furnace! So people come in to work and hook the wires on the furnace to get the home warm. Then forget to unhook wires when they left. Later the builder show up and find the home over 100 degrees and unhook the wires! Then with it being winter the temps would drop down into the 40-30 degrees and this pattern would repeat for days! Suddent the hardwood flooring is so warped and twisted that the new flooring that was just installed maybe a month ago is completely ruined and had to be replaced again!
    another person I knew had a hose break in her washer while she was at work and it floored her whole house! All her hardwood floors had to be replaced completely from the water damage destroying the finish and the hardwood! These are extreme conditions that happened quickly, but over time your floors will get damaged the same way if their left to being wet for any length of time or don’t keep your home at consistent tempatures perferably around 68-76 degrees