How to prepare a new shower curtain to avoid mildew

+2
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 07, 2018
    Use a cheap plastic shower curtain inside new one,,,,,,,

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jan 07, 2018
    I agree with above, there is no way to prevent mildew other than keeping it dry. If you do get mildew, wash it and rinse with vinegar to kill all the spores.

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Jan 07, 2018
    I wash mine in hot water with an old towel and Oxyclean in my front loading washer.

• Wash before first use, even if plastic. Less likely to mildew, or at least slows the process down.

• Debi53 Debi53 on Jan 07, 2018
    Your problem is not the shower curtain, but moisture in your bathroom. We have ceiling fans in all of our bathrooms. I open the bathroom door and run them on high for a few minutes after showering. We never have mildew or mold in our baths or on the curtains. If you can’t install a ceiling fan, plug in an oscillating fan, open your door and run the fan on high for a while after you leave you bath. Getting the moist air moved out of your bath should help. Leave the shower curtain open while you run the fan and then close it when you turn the fan off to let it dry.