There was a post on how to clean oven racks. Anyone remember?

+8
  • Dysko7710 Dysko7710 on Mar 11, 2018
    Here are a bunch of articles on this from Hometalk:
    https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=clean%20oven%20racks

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Mar 11, 2018
    Put the oven racks in a garbage bag, put in a cup of ammonia and put it outside in the sun for the day.

• Janice Janice on Mar 11, 2018
    Nancy is right on! This works for oven racks and also the crusty racks on your barbeque grill. Just rinse, rinse, rinse and then rinse some more!

• Stephanie Ward Stephanie Ward on Mar 12, 2018
      Hi Nancy! Thanks for your reply and supporting this method. I hadn’t seen this one yet but I like it! Wish me luck!
      Take care!
      Stephanie Ward

• Linda Linda on Mar 11, 2018
    Yes. I saved that one: Line tub with towels and place racks onto towels. Fill tub with enough hot water to cover racks. Add 1/2 cup dish soap and 6 dryer sheets. Let them soak for about 8 hours. Remove racks and wipe clean.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Mar 11, 2018
    https://www.hometalk.com/diy/clean/ovens/cleaning-oven-racks-in-the-bathtub-28053516?r=1

Thanks a ton Janet! We are selling our home and even though they are self cleaning...oven cleaning is one of my least favorite jobs. Thanks again!
      Stephanie Ward

• Frank Lopez Frank Lopez on Oct 05, 2021

I dont know that post but most ovens, pans etc. (even driveway grease) can be cleaned with coca cola! driveway stains should be left overnight and oven racks can be soaked in coke (pans also if they're really bad) for from 4 hrs to overnight. :) drink what's left

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Dec 21, 2021

Put your oven racks in a contractor's plastic bag and add 1/2-1 cup ammonia, close the bag. Let set in the sun, at least 8 hours. It is the fumes that do the job, the next day wear gloves and rinse off the racks.