My deck has some old stain on that I can't get off in some spots what

+6
should I use on it?
q my deck has some old stain on that i can t get off in some spots what
  • Cindy Cindy on Jul 30, 2017
    Hello Rhonda, You can always flip the boards over. The other side should be OK.

• Amazing Grace ! Amazing Grace ! on Jul 31, 2017
      I was just going to say that.. My Dad did our whole deck over that way... I thought he was brilliant.. I would have never thought of that!

• Lightly sand it. Then proceed as you wish.

• Lindy Lindy on Jul 30, 2017
    Power wash

• Jason T. Lee Jason T. Lee on Jul 30, 2017
    use a power washer with at least 2000 psi to clean the surface. but be careful because a strong power washer can damage your wood quickly

• Dee Nelson Dee Nelson on Jul 31, 2017
    yes! this is the thing to do first clean the wood and then see what has to be done, like sanding or replacing or flipping boards. Thanks Jason for your good advice.

• Claire Amirault Claire Amirault on Jul 31, 2017
    the Shabby Chic enthusiasts would die for that look. How about putting a clear finish over it to keep it just the way it is! It's very "farmhouse".

• Ellis Ellis on Jul 31, 2017
    If you must cover it, you can get solid deck paint. I like Behr's from Home Depot, it comes in many colors.

• Charlee Hunter Charlee Hunter on Jul 31, 2017
    You can try a stripper which may get it off, but friends of mine just had this same issue and they had to sand it off. They just used a rotary hand sander purchased from harbor freight