How do I clean dog odors?

+6

• I've read that you can fill a spray bottle with vinegar and several drops of essential oil to spray around the house.

• Cindy Cindy on Dec 16, 2019

Hi Terri. I'm Cindy. Try sprinkling a carpet deodorizer on all of your carpet. Wait till the next day to vacuum it up. Then Febreeze the house. If possible, open your windows for fresh air. If stains are involved, Woolite's Rug and Upholstery cleaner will remove them.

• William William on Dec 16, 2019

I use cheap vodka and essential oils in a spray bottle. Spray furniture, carpet, and air. Vodka evaporates and scent remains.

• Michelle Leslie Michelle Leslie on Dec 17, 2019

Hi Terri, we have 4 fur babies and 4 purr babies and I mix 2 cups of white vinegar and 4 tablespoons of baking soda in a spray bottle. Add water and spray the mix on any troubling areas. Let it soak for a few minutes and then blot with a clean rag. Let it soak in a bit before blotting it dry with a clean rag. You can add a few drops of essential oils to the mix too

• K. Rupp K. Rupp on Dec 17, 2019

Try ODOBAN!! Its one of the best to remove long lasting pet and smoke odors.

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Dec 17, 2019

OdoBan is the most effective deodorizer I've ever used. It is also a disinfectant. It will remove cigarette odor, I know from personal experience, so I would think dog odors would be no problem.

• Betsy Betsy on Dec 17, 2019

Hi Terri: I have used a product called Odormute. Pet Supplies Plus used to carry it, but I'm not sure now. You can get it online. You need a product that will change the chemical properties of the urine, or an enzyme eater. Also, Odormute will clean the spot. I have used it for years and have not been disappointed. Even on cat pee stains that were over 16 years old under a carpet, through the padding, in a corner and onto the wooden floor. Never knew the cats were using that area:( AC takes care of a lot of smells. Also cleaned and whitened my son's baseball pants. The cats peed on them and I found out a year later (they were in a box) and the pants came out white and stink free. The stuff seems expensive, but you just use a little bit. It's environmentally safe, you can use it on your pet for skunk smells, and it's made in the USA! Doesn't get any better than that.

Good luck with whatever you use.

• Jeremy Hoffpauir Jeremy Hoffpauir on Dec 28, 2019

This product works well to eliminate odors: https://amzn.to/365NRAy

Place a few of these around your house and it really improves odors.

Hope this Helps! Jeremy - https://do-daddy.com