Buttons make crafting so much fun. I love them for sewing and stitching but also think that they are great for gluing on to paper crafts and cards. Let’s do a little Halloween Card Making with Button Pumpkins to create a darling way to send some kindness in the mail. Kindness notes are always a super great idea because no message means quite as much as one written by hand.
Halloween Card Making With Button Pumpkins
Materials Needed for Halloween Card Making with Button Pumpkins
Directions for Halloween Card Making with Button Pumpkins
Glue your buttons in a row on the card stock note front using the Therm-O-Web Clear Adhesive Zots.
Use brown and green markers to add stems and vines which will turn the buttons in to pumpkins.
Print the Halloween Messages and choose one to cut out for your card. Grab the free printable HERE on my blog.
Cut it out close to the black line and add it to the card using the tape runner. The message can be printed on a colored card stock or white and then colored.
Add washi tape to your card to add a finishing touch.
Isn’t is the cutest little card.
You can decorate the envelope too with the same directions. This would be great if you were planning to give the card to someone in person but not recommended for sending in the mail.
Five Reasons to Papercraft
I think that paper crafting is such a great idea for so many reasons. Here are my top five to share with you.
- Paper crafting promotes creativity.
- Making things with paper can be therapy. It can be a form of expression in times when verbal communication is difficult.
- Crafting with paper tends to be a little less expensive than some other types of crafting.
- Decorations made with paper are lightweight and easy to hang.
- Cards are made with paper and handmade cards being sent in the mail is always a fantastic idea.
My Favorite Paper Craft Supplies
I put together a list of my must-have Paper Crafting Supplies. These alone will create endless number of projects and activities.
- Mounting Squares from Therm-O-Web
- Permanent Tape Runner from Therm-O-Web
- Card Stock
- Flair Pen Markers
MORE CARD IDEAS
If you like this fun handmade card idea, you might like these too. This darling card uses one of my papers I designed for Therm-O-Web and one of my stamps too. The tape runner is great for adding paper inside the envelope to create an adorable liner.
- Buttons (Amazon)
- Card Stock (Amazon)