Hiding the large TV

+1
I really hate the way the TV looks. I do like to watch it sometimes though. My better half watches a lot and wants it in our living room. Its way too large for any enclosed piece of furniture we have found. So any sugestions? Does anyone else feel this way about the larger TV's? Help!

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Jan 05, 2018
    Hi there, it must be one of those giant box tvs... I would suggest building around it to create at least some kind of hiding. I've even seen people hang a curtain across the front of the tv to tone it down a bit.

• My house is small so I do not have room for such a TV, plus I am cheap, my tv's are all old (one has to be 30 years old) except for the one in my kitchen. I have no objection to looking at the TV, I have one in my living room, that is rarely used, and there it sits . . .

You could have a custom built piece of furniture, or try and find something second hand that you can easily modify and update yourself. Or . . . They have fancy tv's that turn into mirrors or pictures when not in use.

• Liz Gantzer Liz Gantzer on Jan 06, 2018
    I feel the same. I have seen lots of posts about framing in TVs - although you have to be careful to leave ventilation room behind. I don’t have, or know anybody who has the woodworking skills to do it myself and it’s pretty expensive to have it done.. I am Interested in seeing the answers.

• Karen Kewell Karen Kewell on Jan 06, 2018
    Make an old-fashioned folding-screen?