Repair a Laminated floor ?

+4
My adopted dog thinks his bathroom, is my year old kitchen laminated floor. Over the last few months he has mangered to pee enough for it to get into the seams and bucket it.

• If your dog is still a puppy, he needs to be taken out every 2-3 hours. You can train him to use puppy pads (mine never took to them, they ended up in a million bits), even an adult dog needs to go out every few hours or they can develop urinary tract infections/problems. I have 6+ dogs in my house every day . . .

Since your floors are only a year old, you can get more boards if you do not have any leftover spares. You need to replace the damaged boards. You can do it yourself or call the installers to come fix for you. If you have a warranty, it might be covered, mine were as I had a plumbing leak and it was repaired free of charge.

• Mark pelley Mark pelley on Dec 15, 2017
    It can be done...... I am a certified Pergo installer (now retired). We were trained back in the original glue together laminate days to remove and replace. I would contact your flooring manufacturer and question how to go about it, or who they suggest as a certified repair contact. The repair used to be to route out the existing glue and MDF, replace with a new line and re-glue.

• Sharon Sharon on Dec 15, 2017
    You need to train your dog to go outside, I would crate train him/her this way they can develop bladder control and learn to whine/bark when they need to go out. http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/dogs/tips/crate_training.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/

• William William on Dec 15, 2017
    No way to repair. The buckled boards need to be replaced.

• 2dogal 2dogal on Dec 16, 2017
    The buckled floor boards can be pulled up and replaced. There's lots of DIY U-tube videos to show you how.
    In the meantime, train your dog. Crate him. Be strong if he doesn't like it at first. Take him outside more often or this problem will continue. Use Nature's Miracle on the floor to keep him from peeing in the same place. It has an enzyme in it to stop the odor.