Help with planting clamatis and morning glory

Hel9058112
by Hel9058112
+2
What is the way to get best results when you plant morning glory and clamatis, what food, how to stake them to look nice

• Shirley Heikkinen Shirley Heikkinen on May 17, 2017
    Morning glory and Clematis vines will both do best climbing a fence, arbor or other structure. The morning glories do best with morning sun and tolerate full sun well. Clematis has so many varieties it's hard to say, but most prefer at least six hours of sun. Clematis also may need to be cut back depending on the variety.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on May 17, 2017
    Growing clematis is different than growing morning glory.Clematis prefer shaded roots in a sunny location.Training on a trellis is best ,be careful as you will have to gently attach the vines with a velcro tape to train.They also never get cut back ,it is best to wait until the following season to see what needs to be pruned just like a hydrangea. Morning glories like full sun and trained on a trellis as well.

• Jennifer White Poore Jennifer White Poore on May 17, 2017
    Plant your morning glory away from the clamatis and garden. I planted mine close last year and the morning glory kinda took over everything....that stuff can grow anywhere and it came back this year....everywhere! The clamatis needs something to grow up...it will have beautiful flowers and return every year. I planted my morning glory to grow up my back deck side which was right next to my garden... this year I have morning glory trying to grow around my tomatoes and in my strawberries..lol. .... its popping up everywhere.... its beautiful but very overbearing.

• Veronica Niechajczyk Veronica Niechajczyk on May 17, 2017
    As Jennifer said, morning glory is VERY invasive, and from what I've heard, very hard to get rid of. As someone who is currently fighting their share of invasive weeds, it's probably best to stay away from planting invasive things.

• Mary ann Mary ann on May 17, 2017
    me too, I want to know..