Can anybody tell me what kind of bush this is?

+16
What kind of bush is this? I would love to plant more.
gardening tips bush backyard identifying, gardening, Would love to plant more it grows so beautifully
Would love to plant more, it grows so beautifully.
gardening tips bush backyard identifying, gardening, Nice full leaves great for privacy
Nice full leaves, great for privacy.
  • Hannah V Hannah V on Aug 29, 2014
    @The Garden Frog with C Renee any ideas?

• Could you give a close up of the bush-like the stems and bark? were there any flowers and did they have a fragrance. I am assuming it is evergreen? my guess and this is a guess would be from the euonymous family. I would also look closely under the bush for any branches that have rooted that you could dig up and transplant.

• Carole Carole on Aug 30, 2014
    If you are not 100% sure, then cut a small branch and take it to your local nursery. They will be able to advise you and let you know if they stock these and how to best plant them.

• Patricia W Patricia W on Aug 30, 2014
    That is Laurel.

• Douglas Hunt Douglas Hunt on Aug 30, 2014
    I believe it is Viburnum odoratissimum. It is quite commonly planted as a hedge in Florida.

• Lyn D Lyn D on Aug 30, 2014
    Thx everyone, I believe Connie and Douglas are spot on. It grows wonderfully and seems to be pretty easy maintenance. There is another one I like called "Golden Dewdrop" maybe I will pair them up. :)

• See 7 previous
    • Lyn D Lyn D on Sep 08, 2014
      Thank you Douglas, I will do that.

• Rita Wozniak Rita Wozniak on Sep 01, 2014
    What my old Dad used to call a PIVET HEDGE.. can be box trimmed makes a great privacy hedge fence..

• I would like to see the trunk or bark if possible. Also hard to tell the leaf pattern on the stems. But Douglas is typically right on.

• Lyn D Lyn D on Sep 02, 2014
    Thanks, now waiting for the weather to cool a bit before planting.