How can I save my big tree!?

+10
Every winter I bring my big plant inside and the leaves begin to dry and wither. I realize the lack of moisture in the house could affect it this way. But is there anything I can do to help? Thanks!!!
q how can i save my big tree
  • Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Dec 13, 2017
    I can't tell what type of plant it is, but a lot of outdoor plants that are brought inside go into a dormant state for the winter and look dead. However, come spring you can start watering it and fertilizing it and it will fully come back. I'd suggest that you look it up using the actual name of the plant. Search something like - Why does __Plant Name___ have brown leaves when brought inside for winter
    I hope that helps. Wishing you the best.

• Make sure it gets light, keep it watered enough so the roots do not dry out and consider a humidifier for the room that it is in.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 13, 2017
    I agree with Naomie suggested. It will go kind of dormant until it adjusts to the condition change of bringing it inside. I would suggest getting a moisture meter, also, so that you know you are not over or under watering it due to the now dry heat it is getting, it may need a little more frequent watering depending on the soil conditions the plant requires, i.e.. letting the soil dry out or likes moist conditions all the time. I would give it time before introducing fertilizer to let it adjust fully. Look up the plant and it should let you know how to care for it after it is brought in for the winter. I use gardeningknowhow.com and the spruce.com for most of my gardening questions for specific plants. The are both good.

• Amanda Amanda on Dec 13, 2017
    Hello. I would mist it daily with a spray bottle, and fertilize. Also make sure you don't have it near a heat register.

• Peter Peter on Dec 14, 2017
    I maintain humidity for outdoor plans by draping a dry cleaner bag over them while they're indoors. Be sure to water and pay attention to the leaves... drooping means "water me!"

• Nina Scott Nina Scott on Dec 17, 2017
    Your tree looks like a fiddle leaf fig to me. I have a humidifier on mine.