How to help a non blooming orchid.Thank you

+2
  • Amanda Amanda on Dec 11, 2017
    Hi Denise. I would purchase plant food for orchids. This should help it bloom.

• Swinnen Lisette Swinnen Lisette on Dec 11, 2017
    An orchid needs a light place without direct sunlight. Give it water every second day but very very little. I got a orchid that was all dry : 1 and a half leaves with a bit of green on it, not even a stem. I have put it in some new orchid soil, gave it water every second day (with some drops of plant food in it) and after 2 months on the windowsill on the northside, it has developped a stem with white flowers on it !

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 11, 2017
    Light and watering is the most important things to orchids. They do not like wet feet. I keep mine in two pots, one the medium and plant are in and a decorative pot to put the other in. Once a week tepid water is put in the whole thing and put to soak for about ten minutes. The inner pot is then taken out and left to drain and the water drained out of the decorative pot, once the orchid isn't dripping anymore, put it back in the decorative pot. Watering it this way rehydrates the wood chip medium and the roots and gives it most of the humidity the roots need for a week. Get some orchid fertilizer you can put in the tepid water or spray on the leaves and use it as directed on the package. I keep my orchids in a south window that doesn't get direct light and it is happy and flowers two to three times a year.