I really enjoy Canas lilies but they are hard to control

+1
I live in the hot summer climate of South Georgia.

• Plant in pots so they do not spread. I am not into "controling" plants, just trim them up to be neat and tidy - granted that is just me. At my brothers property, I just divide them and replant or give away when they get too thick. See if this link helps you out some.

• Dianne Sabido Dianne Sabido on Dec 25, 2017
    Cana Lilies have rhizones I know I spelled it incorrect, but that is if you dig them up you will find them where the root system is. During the season such as fall, when plants start to go into sleeping, Like a Bear, you can cut them and if you have a space or a neighbor who like them, give them as a gift or place the Rhisones in the empty spot. and when spring comes you will see them start to grow. I use to have them, beautiful plant but it is like having Gladiolas they have bulbs, and at least with Cana Lillies they have a large root so you don't have to worry. Good luck, Dianne Sabido P.s. Sorry for miss spelled word.

• Ella Goebel Ella Goebel on Dec 26, 2017
    I had to laugh when I read your comment. My mother in law gave me a start of her cana lilies and her recommendation was to plant them in a bed with no borders so you could just mow down the ones that move out into the yard. Works for me!

• Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Dec 26, 2017
    I’m afraid I was laughing, too. I remember how proud I was to plant my first Cana lilies (which aren’t lilies) in my first flowerbed at our first home we bought. They grew! They bloomed! They took over the whole front flowerbed in two years! We live in North Texas and even an ice storm didn’t kill them. And I never tried to bring those in for the winter, although I did try in other beds. It finally took three teenagers to dig all the canas out when we finally planted shrubs. ☺️