What can I do for my unhealthy rose bush?

+2
Bush has a brown spot on the leaves and is unhealthy looking. It has a lot of traffic roses on it though. What does it need? Food or spray? Thanks for your help.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 19, 2017
    Brown spots are a sign of fungus. Use a three in on systemic control by Bayer.Insect,fertilizer and fungus control

• Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Dec 19, 2017
    After blooming I would trim it back and throw those leaves into the garbage not a composter. You have some kind of blight so you need to get it cleaned up. Clean up any leaves that drop to the ground.

• Just trim it after flowering. Brown spots could just be from weather related conditions. Even in TX it is time for them to go dormant. Prune in late winter to early spring. If your sure it is a pest, contact your local Ag Extension for localized help. You do not feed during the dormant season.

• Shoshana Shoshana on Dec 20, 2017
    Sounds like it could be a fungus. You can try a natural treatment of apple cider vinegar. Dilute one tablespoon of vinegar in one gallon of water.