How do you protect your garden from 32 degrees or lower?

+1

How do you protect your daffodils and tulip bulbs when temperatures go below 32 degrees

• Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on Jan 28, 2019

They should be fine under the dirt

• Unless the ground freezes, they should be just fine. When it gets down to freezing, I wrap my plants with old sheets or tent them. What zone are you In?

• Roberta Rhodes Roberta Rhodes on Jan 28, 2019

Coverings or thick mulch. Usually bulbs need some time in lower temps, but if yours are blooming now I would use a cover. You could put some stakes in the ground around the area you want to protect. Drape the edges of the covering over the stakes so you will not have the cover pressing down on the blooms of the plants. There are pins you can buy to pin the cover into the ground so It will not sag onto your plants. You will still have to use stakes with the latter option.

• Jeanne Grunert Jeanne Grunert on Jan 29, 2019

You don't need to protect daffodils and tulips from the cold. The cold weather helps tulips flower in the spring. Even if the green tips are showing, cold won't kill them. It might brown the leaves a bit.