I have a big beautiful cut of a tree for top of table

+5
what should I use for legs? Also the center was hollow but my son filled it in with a beautiful blue resin now it looks like glass in center

• Rowgop (Pam) Rowgop (Pam) on Jun 18, 2018
    Hey Lillie, on this website gives you some different ideas that you can look at maybe you can find one that you actually like .

• Judy Judy on Jun 18, 2018
    Maybe look for the forked branches of some old dead trees, like maple, that can be peeled and varnished with the ends fitted into drilled holes under the table top? I am picturing what they call twig furniture.

• Ilene Ilene on Jun 18, 2018
    Someone recently posted a sliced wood table she made using metal toilet brush holders as legs. It was stunning. It was on H/T a few days ago. I remember she used some sort of bolt to hold the legs on.

• There are some wonderful pre-made legs available at some of the home stores. I am not sure how heavy a slab it is but the metal hairpin styles legs are popular. Not necessarily "cheap" but they look really nice.

• Lisa S. Lisa S. on Jun 18, 2018
    Ready made legs are available at lumbar stores. Just stain to match. Then install. Also you could pick up a table at a thrift store inexpensively. Remove the top and use the base.

• Gerri Haumschild Gerri Haumschild on Jun 18, 2018
    check google or Amazon for table legs.

• Missy Burch Missy Burch on Jun 18, 2018
    Hairpin legs are really popular with raw wood.