How to remove scallop trim from kitchen cabinets

Lonna
by Lonna

My cabinets have a scallop trim below the soffit and go completely along the top of my cabinets

• Gloria Muller Gloria Muller on Jul 05, 2018

Use power saw and a level

• Janice Janice on Jul 05, 2018

Hi Lori, I've included a link that shows a fellow accomplishing a similar project. He has a special tool he's using. Though he's not remvoving a scallop he is removing a small portion off the bottom of cabinets. I hope this video is useful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daR0VefBBC8

• William William on Jul 05, 2018

Gloria and Janice must not understood or read you question. The trim can be glued or nailed on. Try prying it off with a stiff putty knife and see if it moves. If it's glued on that may be a problem removing it without damaging the cabinets.

• Check to see if it's nailed on. If it is, gently pry the nails loose to remove the trim.

• Mogie Mogie on Jul 12, 2023

The trim or gingerbread is just nailed or tacked in place. But be gentle if the trim has been there a long time it might become somewhat brittle.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jul 14, 2023

Draw a line using a level and then cut them off!