Tile around a stove or stainless plate to protect wall?

+8
The stove is in a. corner so 2 sides are painte. I'm not sure if there is a special paint or I should tile or just put stainless or glass on the wall to keep it cly
q tile around a stove or stainless plate to protect wall
  • Alyssa Alyssa on Aug 08, 2017
    I'd recommend tile. It's fireproof, it's scrubbable (use epoxy grout), and tiling is a project most homeowners can manage without having to hire a professional. Plus, tile offers endless design options.

• Ana Bacallao Ana Bacallao on Aug 08, 2017
    I agree wth Alyssa. Paint, no matter how good, can get splattered and stained. Tile is easy to clean and offers endless choices and combinations,

• Dfm Dfm on Aug 08, 2017
    do a cost comparison. how much for supplies to do it one way...and how much to do it the other way. sheets of stainless can be expensive for a larger project, a corrugated galvanized sheet may be less costly if covering most of the walls.

• Chubby58 Chubby58 on Aug 08, 2017
    I like the idea of glass. You can get it in different colors. I think it would look great and be something different from the regular back splash materials. website: glasskoteusa.com or backpaintedglass.com I think you will like what you see.

• B. Enne B. Enne on Aug 09, 2017
    Either one would be fine. I lived with the same set up for over 5 years, with regular paint on the wall. Unless you cook with a lot of oil, the odd tomato sauce and the like, wipes up easily enough.

• William William on Aug 09, 2017
    I also agree with tile. Not only is it easier to clean but you can mix some decorative tiles in the design. Who wants to look at a restaurant type backsplash

• Jenny Jenny on Aug 09, 2017
    I put up a sheet both sides of formica with glued on ivy leaves as borders top and bottom. (Could be anything). Has remained fine over last 15 years. Did change out Ivy leaves, they were just glue on, not superglue!! Cheaper than both suggestions.

• Jenny Jenny on Aug 09, 2017
    I used laminate. Same as my older countertops. Cheap easy to apply, lasts. Easily cleaned. I put a border pattern top and bottom. Still going after 15 years with a change of the glue on border pattern to update it.

• Jul27074785 Jul27074785 on Aug 09, 2017
    I would recommend using tile. There are even sheets of backsplash tiles that you can use which help eliminate tile spacing issues.

For a less permanent change, I have used a piece of clear plexiglass mounted onto the wall with mirror mounting hardware. It's inexpensive and simple. Use caution when cutting/drilling plexiglass as it is somewhat fragile and can crack. Once it is mounted it is easy to care for though.

• Itsmemic Itsmemic on Aug 09, 2017
    I bought sheets of metal from home depot and used my sander to create swirl designs. Came out great..Then just screwed behind the stove. Cheap and looks fine

• Regina Regina on Aug 09, 2017
    Why not consider using tin ceiling tiles instead? They are easier than installing tiles, and the come in great designs and colors. Take a look. http://www.homedepot.com/b/Building-Materials-Ceilings-Ceiling-Tiles/Tin-Style/N-5yc1vZc58lZ1z0w9bg